Under direct supervision of the QA Team Lead, this associate level position provides analytical services, defines requirements, assures the quality of applications and the adherence to department quality standards, and provides services to meet client support and business needs.
- Acquire current industry knowledge and trends, attend education events and acquire applicable certifications where applicable.
- As requested, participate in project reviews.
- Assist in the development of project software quality test plans: Document system test harness for ensuring new functionality meets the requirements of the documented use cases (user stories). Document system test plans, test cases, test procedures and test summary reports for internally developed applications. Review software engineering and development activities to verify compliance to company standards for both packaged software products and client specific configurations. Assist/consult with programmers in their development of unit test and integration test development.
- Assist teams in the documentation of business requirements according to the customer's perspective including documentation of the current work flow/process, justification for change and definition of future enhancements, including use cases and design specifications.
- Audit changes within software work products to verify functional, UI and performance based metrics are compliant to company standards and/or customer SLA's.
- Document product enhancement configuration instructions to verify that non-project members can implement the functionality solely from the documented work instructions.
- Establish and maintain defect tracking system that tracks reported defects to closure for internally developed applications.
- Monitor, evaluate and where appropriate transfer processes, methods and tools to other parts of the organization.
- Perform application system tests to verify that applications comply with requirements and design specifications and meet product quality standards: Develop and execute test scripts for internally developed applications. Develop and execute automated regression tests for internally developed applications. Develop and execute application load tests for internally developed applications.
- Protect the integrity and confidentiality of all data and information through physical and electronic measures.
- Provide service to the Prodigo development team, support teams and client community by ensuring the quality of our product is consistent with the organization's quality objectives.
- Provide support as required by Prodigo's Disaster Recovery Plan.
- Research both IT standards and external standards, such as HIPAA, to verify compliance of internally developed solutions.
- Verify product traceability at project deliverables, verifying that each feature is traceable to the Design Specification and satisfies the documented business requirement(s).
- Where requested, conduct training for the organization's software configuration and operation.
- Where required, document organizational processes and maintain the organization's knowledge base.
Typically, has completed a four-year academic degree including courses in computer programming, systems analysis, system development, or systems engineering OR has acquired Core IT skills and knowledge via practical experience. 1-2 years of work experience in software Quality Assurance testing required.. Demonstrates understanding of the fundamental tools and concepts of one of the information technology professional disciplines (i.e., Applications, Business Analysis, Customer Service, Data, Operations, Systems Engineering, etc.) and applies that understanding to make practical contributions to software development work.
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
UPMC is an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities