Under the general direction of the management team and senior staff, this entry level position provides basic analytical and/or programming services, defining requirements, developing and/or maintaining computer applications/systems, and providing services to meet client IT and business needs.
- Assure quality of information through business case and application level testing; validate test results to initial business needs
- Business Requirements and Process Analysis - Writes business requirements and designs specific modules or programs within a larger system under direction of an experienced Analyst.
- Documents existing workflow/current business processes. Assists in completing service requests. Observes joint application development sessions.
- Evaluate and document client needs/business operational processes including current process analysis and proposed revisions to optimize business processes
- Highly motivated to apply process improvement (CMMI) to increase product and service quality to achieve business objectives.
- Operations Analysis - Independently evaluates documents operational performance, diagnoses issues/incidents, completes service requests/problem resolution for basic / most common business systems or processes.
- Provide ongoing troubleshooting, support, and maintenance of production applications; including 24/7 on call coverage.
- Provide service to the Prodigo Solutions client community, while protecting the integrity and confidentiality of all data and information through physical and electronic measures.
- Systems Integration - Understands and uses data structures, data extraction techniques, and job submission procedures and has the ability to apply them in the development of solutions to systems through the writing of basic system specifications.
- Uses basic analytical methods to analyze and streamline business processes.
Typically has completed a four-year academic degree including courses in computer programming, systems analysis, system development, or systems engineering OR has acquired Core IT skills and knowledge via practical experience. 1 year experience as a Systems Analyst, strongly preferred Has the essential knowledge base for an IT professional. Has the essential IT principles and analytical rules that guide their application in practical situations. Able to perform basic/standard IT procedures and protocols . Position may be required to maintain a stand by status as part of a rotation within the team. This requires 24 hours per day, 7 days per week availability during the stand by period. The frequency varies based upon the number of colleagues in the rotation.
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
UPMC is an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities