Sorry, we’re not accepting applications for this job right now. But don’t go yet! Explore our site
to find more opportunities to join us in transforming the future of health care.
The Manager is responsible for and accountable to plan, lead, assign, supervise and control activities related to software development projects. In addition, the Manager will manage a team of software engineers, mentor technical staff in development processes, communicate with end-users, software quality assurance teams, and other departments interacting with the software development team, and report progress of all software development activities up to the senior management. The Manager will be directly involved in the design and development of new software or modifications to existing software to meet our customers' needs. The manager is to accomplish this via communication and cooperation with other Project and Development managers, software development team members, SQA team, and end-users. The Manager is responsible to establish development plans, schedules and processes and then lead team members to produce software within those plans and schedules.
- Collaborate with User Experience, Product Management, Project Management, Software Engineers, Quality Assurance and Third party partners to conceive, prototype, document, create and deploy quality software, adhering to engineering best practices.
- Create and develop a team environment, including building collaborative relationships and participating cross-functional coalitions to ensure knowledge is shared across teams.
- Define and drive consistent software engineering process and practices. Ensure compliance by team members. Participate in the definition and implementation of the process roadmap.
- Engage in hands-on, in-depth analysis, review and design of the software, including technical review and analysis of source code.
- Maintain current industry knowledge and trends, attending educational events and participates in committee work as appropriate.
- Manage staff of software engineers. Responsible for developing and executing software development plans, and manage schedules and resource allocation for the team.
- Responsible to ensure that software development work satisfies business requirements, complies with approved department procedures and standards, and meets our software quality objectives. This includes ensuring that product designs are well document and communicated.
- Review and evaluate quality of work performed by programming staff. Prioritize, assign, and monitor work progress relative to schedule plans. Adjust levels of work effort and/or schedule expectations to ensure integrity of the Software Development Plan.
- Takes ownership and delivery responsibility for special projects or initiatives
- Work with management and senior staff members to develop and manage an engineering plan for project(s). Candidate will be expected to create deliverables to support the project proposal process and roadmap process.
Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or a related field from an accredited university plus 2 years of experience or a high school diploma with 4 years engineering
2+ years of experience managing software engineering teams strongly preferred.
5-7 years of experience in complex development environments, taking abstract concepts and ideas and formulating a detailed software engineering plan. organizations. Demonstrated track record of success in engineering and management roles in high performance, entrepreneurial
Demonstrated ability to thrive in the ambiguity of a rapidly changing organization.
Excellent management, problem solving, organizational, and communication skills (oral and written) are required
Excellent people management and strong process skills.
Demonstrated ability to recruit and lead teams of junior and senior professionals who are highly engaged and satisfied.
Technical background within the software industry with extensive knowledge of: Project Lifecycle Management, Team Training and Mentoring, Requirements Gathering, Software Engineering Change Management, Quality Assurance and Software Testing.
Possess a deep knowledge of software development processes, lifecycles, and best practices Proficient Agile Development Methodologies and able to motivate and manage teams to meet aggressive deadlines.
Expert in object oriented programming, highly proficient in one or more languages like C#, C++, Java.
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
UPMC is an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities