At UPMC Enterprises, we help create health care innovations that will impact the lives of patients in meaningful, lasting ways. We build companies by partnering with existing health care technology companies to accelerate their growth (“acceleration”) or by developing new products (“de novo"). Central to these company-building activities is the role of the Program Manager.
The primary role of this position is to work with UPMC leadership, product teams, clinical partners and portfolio companies to deliver innovative solutions to the marketplace. Initial focus for this position will be to lead commercialization of ParlaiQ, a patient and employee rounding solution built at UPMC Enterprises. This position is customer-centric and outward-facing with an emphasis on identifying target customers and driving market awareness of the ParlaiQ product with a focus on customer acquisition, onboarding and customer-relationship maintenance. The Program Manager, Commercialization will also be responsible for providing market intelligence and analysis of the competitive landscape to the product team. The Program Manager, Commercialization will also provide early stage customer care including research and resolution of client problems and guidance to clients on how to use the products, answer inquiries and resolve concerns for all ParlaiQ products.
This position requires independent thinkers, able to troubleshoot problems, work through ambiguity, prioritize effectively, and create processes that improve delivery and product success.
- Developing, monitoring, and executing a commercialization plan, schedule, budget, and deliverables for product within UPMC and externally.
- Conducting in-depth market research and analysis and applying market knowledge to better understand user requirements.
- Aiding in the assessment, development, and implementation of methods that will enhance the customer experience - leading the organization to be best in class for service.
- Owning the customer relationship of product and conducting outbound calls to clarify and resolve customer inquiries.
- Participating in all phases of product roadmap including early-stage discovery to completion to product entry into the market.
- Conducting regular communication with customers and product team and routinely reflecting upon customer interactions to identify trends and process improvement opportunities. Proactively making recommendations and, where applicable, doing brief research around requirements and costs to address the opportunity.
- Coordinating with design, product management, and engineering teams to capture requirements.
- Developing key metrics and KPIs to measure overall performance and adoption of application.
- Working directly with product team to determine training needs and materials. Assisting with training as needed.
- Traveling as required.
Bachelor's degree in business administration or related field
MS or MBA preferred
3-5 years of experience in managing projects, of a large scale and a high level of complexity and introducing products to market.
Prior work with product or service implementation a must; experience in healthcare operations, clinical research, or startup development preferred.
Strong organization and project management skill: planning, coordinating, prioritizing, and delivering against objectives.
Proven ability to be a proactive advocate and negotiator, setting appropriate expectations and building effective, long-term cross-team relationships.
Demonstrated success working with product teams and commercializing solutions.
Ability to focus on the big picture within a constantly changing, fast-paced environment.
Demonstrated ability to ramp up quickly and work across boundaries to provide value.
Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to persuade and influence others. Experience presenting information to C-level executive management teams.
Self-starter and independent thinker, who can manage his or her own daily work, operate smoothly under pressure, balance competing priorities, and delivery effectively.
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
UPMC is an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities