Description Do you have an entrepreneurial spirit, brave ideas, grit, & determination?
Are you a self-starter interested in improving user experience?
Are you passionate about changing the face of healthcare & impacting the lives of others all over the globe?
Then we want YOU!
As an organization dedicated to Life Changing Medicine, UPMC has defined a bold mission: to shape the future of health care through innovation. At UPMC Enterprises, we are at the forefront of this innovation. UPMC Enterprises is the innovation and commercialization arm of the organization, with a focus in translational science and technology solutions in the health care marketplace. Through this work, UPMC Enterprises hopes to revolutionize the way we approach patient care.
At UPMC Enterprises, we build companies by partnering with existing health care technology companies to accelerate their growth (acceleration) or by developing new products (de novo). Our Product Management teams are central to this development, and as a Product Management Summer Associate, students must be comfortable in a dynamic role where they are able to bridge cross-functional disciplines while balancing business, technical, and design constraints to help their team bring a product to market.
As a UPMC Enterprises Summer Associate, you will have an opportunity to participate in a highly competitive, full time, 11-week paid summer internship program with an organization that’s committed to finding solutions to the complicated challenges facing health care providers and their patients. Our work is about using creativity to tackle exciting projects that become life-changing products. A little bit about your Summer Associates Program experience…
• The internship will take place early June – mid-August
• Work on projects that make an impact on patient care while gaining knowledge on how we provide Life Changing Medicine
• Work side-by-side with industry experts who are dedicated to helping you learn and grow your analytical, technical and communication skills
• Give back to the Pittsburgh community through Summer Associates Program service events
• As a part of the overall UPMC Summer Associate group, have the opportunity to network with leaders throughout the organization and your fellow Summer Associates who are gaining experiences in various functions
We’re looking for students who…
• Are passionate and determined to make a difference!
• Problem solvers! Someone who can approach a problem creatively while utilizing quantitative analysis and strategic thinking.
• Cares about the user experience, and are eager to find ways to improve our product for all users.
• Believes in our Core Values. They are not just written on the walls. We demonstrate our commitment to these values daily.
• Have emerging leadership abilities, entrepreneurial spirit, and thrive in a collaborative environment.
• Care about the work they do, the people we work with, and the patients we work for.
• Pride themselves on their integrity. It’s not just about the work we do, but how we do it.
• Masters of Business Administration, Master of Public Administration, or Masters of Public Health 1st year students with December 2019 – May 2020 anticipated graduation date required
• Prior experience in product management, health care management, or software engineering or design a plus
• Availability to participate in the Summer Associates Program full-time from June to August 2019 for approximately 11 weeks with minimal absence (Yes, don’t worry, you can still enjoy some summer vacation time!)
Recruitment Timeline Expectations*
• Early October – January 1st: Application Deadline
• Early December – Early February: Phone Interviews Scheduled
• Mid-February: Notification of Selection for Final Interviews & In-Person Final Interviews Conducted
• Early March: Offers Extended
*Please note that all dates above are subject to change based on applicant flow. Due to this, we encourage you to apply as soon as possible.Interested in Learning More? Check Out the Following Sites:
• UPMC Student Opportunities Site: http://careers.upmc.com/pages/students
• Summer Associates Program Blog: http://mycareer.upmc.com/category/non-clinical/summer-associates/Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances: As Required
UPMC is an equal opportunity employer.
Minority/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.