The Center for Connected Medicine is the world's first collaborative health care executive briefing center, supporting stakeholders in defining the transformation of health care. Visitors to the Center experience how advanced and strategically implemented technology can deliver real-time data when and where it's needed for enhanced clinical and care-management decision-making at the bedside, in the community or across the country. The Center for Connected Medicine is currently looking for a full time Communications Specialist II to support its location at UPMC Headquarters in downtown Pittsburgh. This position will assist in ensuring member companies are represented appropriately throughout the center and externally from a marketing perspective. The Communications Specialist II will assist in the facilitating the development and execution of Center marketing plans that could include any of the following activities: external events, partner co-marketing, speaking engagements, advertising, website development and social media.Responsibilities:
- - Proactively research partner conferences, symposiums, speaking engagements, sales meetings, etc., that would provide opportunities to showcase the CCM - Track status of projects and key initiatives (ie. Content development, calendar of events, website) - Manage external vendors - Assist the Director and Marketing Manager in execution of on-going and measureable marketing plan that aligns with Center and Partner goals including increased center utilization and aiding partner companies in achieving internal goals
- - Work with digital team to update and maintain virtual presence as required - Research health care conferences for potential speaking engagements, support leadership attending conferences, and attend conferences as requested (ie. HIMSS, ETC, Connected Health Symposium, etc.) - Assist in creating external marketing materials for the CCM
- Additional tasks include: - Oversee graphic design and production process so that projects are appropriate for the audience and message. - Proofread and edit copy for marketing collateral - Handle multiple tasks simultaneously and prioritize projects appropriately. - Demonstrate service-oriented behavior in interactions with clients and co-workers. - Performs in accordance with system-wide competencies/behaviors. - Performs other duties as assigned.
- Events: - Assist as needed in aspects of coordinating and planning partner visits to the Center and UPMC Content and Partner Management: Assist as needed with regular partner updates to CCM content experience
- Marketing Assist the Director and Marketing Manager in execution of on-going and measureable marketing plan that aligns with Center and Partner goals including increased center utilization and aiding partner companies in achieving internal goals - Assist and support co-marketing by the Members of innovative and integrated technology and services in the health care market - Assist in creating external marketing materials for the CCM
Bachelors degree in English, journalism, communications, health sciences, or a related field. Three years experience in a marketing communications position or related field. Must have excellent communication, multitasking, organizational, research/interviewing, writing, grammar, and interpersonal skills. Excellent communication and writing skills required Experience interacting with senior leadership required Strong project coordination skills required Event management experienceLicensure, Certifications, and Clearances:UPMC is an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities