Description Are you a thinker, doer, pioneer, game-changer?
Do you have an entrepreneurial spirit, brave ideas, grit, & determination?
Excited to learn more about machine learning, artificial intelligence, cutting edge technologies, etc.?
Are you passionate about changing the face of healthcare & impacting the lives of others all over the globe?
Then we want YOU!
As an organization dedicated to Life Changing Medicine, UPMC has defined a bold mission: to shape the future of health care through innovation. At UPMC Enterprises, we help bring this mission to life by turning innovative ideas into growing, thriving businesses. That’s why we want you, the best of the best, to help us bring this mission to life during our Summer Associates Program!
As a UPMC Enterprises Summer Associate, you will have an opportunity to participate in a highly competitive, full time, 11-week paid summer internship program with an organization that’s committed to finding solutions to the complicated challenges facing health care providers and their patients. Our work is about using creativity to tackle exciting projects that become life-changing products.
A little bit about your Summer Associate Program experience…
- The internship will take place (tentatively) early June – mid-August
- Work on projects that make an impact on patient care while gaining knowledge on how we provide Life Changing Medicine
- Work side-by-side with industry experts who are dedicated to helping you learn and grow your analytical, technical and communication skills
- Work closely with portfolio companies focused in areas such as clinical decision support, telemedicine, population health management, and precision medicine
- Give back to the Pittsburgh community through Summer Associate service events
- As a part of the overall UPMC Summer Associate group, have the opportunity to network with leaders throughout the organization and your fellow Summer Associates who are gaining experiences in various functions
We’re looking for students who…
- Are passionate and determined to make a difference. No mediocracy allowed.
- Want to be a game changer and create new ways of thinking and executing.
- Can’t wait to see what the next challenge will be. Every day will be different and that excites you.
- Believe in our Core Values. They are not just written on the walls. We demonstrate our commitment to these values daily.
- Have emerging leadership abilities, entrepreneurial spirit, and thrive in a collaborative environment.
- Care about the work they do, the people we work with and the patients we work for.
- Pride themselves on their integrity. It’s not just about the work we do, but how we do it.
- Recent December 2017 graduate OR current Junior or Senior who will be graduating between May 2018 and August 2019
- Majors in Computer Science, Data Analytics, Information Systems Management, Information Technology, or related field
- Availability to participate in the Summer Associate Program full time, from June to August 2018 for approximately 11 weeks with minimal absence (Yes, don’t worry, you can still enjoy some summer vacation time!)
Recruitment Timeline Expectations*:
This position will be posted from mid-August 2017 through November 1, 2017 for summer 2018 summer associates/interns. We will be conducting video interviews throughout the application process until early November. We anticipate conducting in-person interviews in late November with verbal offers to be extended in mid-December 2017.
*Subject to change
UPMC is an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities