Via Oncology (http://www.viaoncology.com/
) is a healthcare software and clinical decision support company with three key offerings: decision support software, clinical expertise, and data analytics. This toolset, called clinical pathways, helps physicians and their staff consider the best evidence based medicine when making decisions for the patients with cancer under their care.
Via was started in 2009 through an investment from UPMC to commercialize these physician-led clinical pathways. Today, Via still has very much of its start-up culture and passion and employees draw their energy from each other and the very real mission of improving the outcomes of cancer patients. Employees are able to engage with practicing oncologists throughout the Via Network in a variety of ways which allows every staff to learn as much as possible about cancer and its treatment.
Via’s offices are next to the Strip District with a beautiful penthouse view of the river and north side. We believe that staff are at their best when they can be creative and be themselves. This view is reflected in our focused, but laid back office style which highlights comfortable attire, flexible hours, and both planned and spontaneous group activities.
If you’re ready for a move to a company whose products make a real difference in the lives of our families and friends, please consider applying today.
The Implementation Analyst is responsible for a successful implementation of the Via Pathways for new customers. The Analyst will act as project manager over the course of the implementation event, managing all associated meetings and tasks. This position will also be responsible for successfully kicking off each project, organizing and conducting weekly meetings, ensuring all appropriate technical resources are connected in order to establish connectivity and interfaces (if applicable), guiding appropriate workflow and portal configuration discussions, assisting in the development and maintenance of training materials, coordinating and carrying out all training sessions, providing Go-Live support, and collaborating in creating SOPs and customer documentation. This position is customer facing, including significant interaction with technical/IT resources, administrative leadership, and physician leadership.
- Fields customer questions and ensures timely and adequate resolution of reported issues.
- Acts as Lead on customer implementation, driving departmental workflow and project managing all associated activities.
- Aids in the creation of a participative and collaborative work environment.
- Collaborates with Manager to develop and maintain a comprehensive suite of materials necessary for successful implementations: training manuals, multimedia visual aids, checklists, project charters, customer questionnaires/surveys, and other educational materials for internal and external use, etc.
- Conducts all relevant content and pharmacy related discussions
- Coordinates all weekly or bi-weekly customer project calls by preparing agendas, compiling outstanding issues, coordinating and attending calls with customers to ensure open lines of communication and issue identification and resolution.
- Coordinates and performs onsite or remote training sessions and Go Live support for all users at each customer site
- Develops subject matter expertise in Via Pathways portal functionality, as well as the associated clinical content (Medical, Radiation, and Surgical Oncology), including disease states, medical terminology, and familiarity with associated care plan recommendations
- Engages appropriate Via Oncology Pathways resources to ensure successful implementation, go-live and ongoing use of the product. This may include but is not limited to collaboration with, the Clinical Content/Pharmacy teams for issues or requests regarding pathway content, the Operations IT team for customer configurations or interface issues, or Product Management for new feature or functionality requests.
- Ensures all appropriate technical resources are connected in order to establish connectivity and interfaces (if applicable)
- Ensures successful kickoff of each new customer implementation
- Guiding appropriate workflow and portal configuration discussions must develop a solid understanding of oncology workflow variations and their impact on use of the Via Pathways.
- Support Senior and Lead Analysts in departmental initiatives.
- Supports Manager and the Implementation Team to facilitate successful
Bachelors degree in Business, Health Informatics, Science or related field is required
1 year experience as Associate Implementation Analyst Demonstrated proficiency in all associated competencies or experience as an Intermediate Clinical Content Analyst having proven proficiency in all associated responsibilities.
Understanding of IT domains of security, systems engineering, databases and interfaces
Previous experience implementing and supporting web-based applications strongly preferred
Develops an in depth understanding of oncology workflow variations and their impact on use of the Via Oncology Pathways
Ability to develop a solid understanding of oncology care options in medical, radiation, and surgical oncology
Superior oral and written communication skills
Excellent active listening skills
Exceptional time/project management and organizational skills
Superior problem solving/analytical and critical thinking skills
Competent in all MS Office products (Excel, Word, Visio, PowerPoint, Project)
Exhibits an extreme attention to detail
Ability to learn new skills and assimilate new knowledge quickly
Capable of working effectively in a team environment
Requires ability to travel to customer sites as needed
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
UPMC is an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities