Under direction of a registered nurse, provides education and product development initiatives for Curavi Health within the scope of the Practical Nurse Act of Pennsylvania. The LPN, in collaboration with other members of the Curavi team, applies expert knowledge and skills to provide the educational support needed to achieve quality outcomes. The LPN provides seamless support to Curavi's customers through installation, training, and on-going use.
- Constructively receives feedback and direction.
- Demonstrates basic knowledge of Curavi telemedicine equipment, specialized clinical equipment, and accessories (Curavi Products) and is able to train end user on proper operation in order to facilitate successful clinical consultations. Uses available Curavi tools and resources when training. Demonstrates the ability to troubleshoot computer problems or notify the appropriate person when problems occur.
- Ensures nurses, physicians and CRNP/PAs are trained in the use of Curavi Products, utilizing available resources. Responds to training needs in a timely manner. Collaborates with and receives direction from the Director of Business Development and Healthcare Policy on training, education, and operation issues. Active participant in Customer workflow assessments. i.e. Skilled Nursing Facility Responsible for consult volume and product utilization by end users. Performs work in a timely and productive manner and meets defined deadlines.
- Establishes appropriate and effective communication strategies. Establishes professional and respectful interpersonal relationships.
- Organizes training programs and provides training of Curavi Products to end users based upon end user and organizational needs. Develops and delivers population specific learning, and evaluates training outcomes. Conducts ongoing training needs assessments of Curavi end users. Participates in performance assessment and improvement initiatives on the identification, design, testing, and evaluation of Curavi Products. Objectively observes and educates end users utilizing unit rounds and virtual interactions to identify ongoing educational needs regarding clinical issues related to telemedicine consults, product utilization, and software application upgrades. Prioritizes issues and reports them accordingly. Tracks issues and works to improve processes, efficiency, and utilization of Curavi Products. Makes recommendations for training, education, and product improvements.
- Participate in workgroups when needed. Takes action to improve knowledge, skills and performance based on feedback or on self-identified developmental needs. Prior to performing new or challenging skills, requests assistance and reviews relevant policies and procedures and educational materials. Maintains a clean professional appearance, demonstrates personal dignity, and a positive attitude. Promotes a positive team atmosphere, pro-actively identifying areas of success and opportunities for improvement that can assist with team growth and development.
- Performs assigned work in a timely and productive manner. Strictly adheres to all policies and practices relative to resident care and facility-related information. Complies with safety policies and procedures including standard precautions.
- Requests assistance to help in planning and prioritizing activities as needed. Is knowledgeable on the signs and symptoms associated with the clinical conditions that are appropriate for Curavi telemedicine consultations.
- Suggests and supports changes within the department. Assumes responsibility for assigned work and views problems as challenges. Demonstrates awareness of behavior on the efficient functioning of the department
- Takes action to improve knowledge, skills and performance based on feedback or on self-identified developmental needs. Prior to performing new or challenging skills, requests assistance and reviews relevant policies and procedures.
- Uses Office 365 applications such as Outlook, SharePoint and Planner. Demonstrates excellent oral and written communication/presentation skills. Travel: Position requires travel to various facilities, valid PA driver's license and proof of auto liability required. Ability to travel to different facilities. Out of town and/or overnight travel possible. Ability to work flexible schedule, including off shifts and weekends.
Completion of a Practical Nursing Program approved by the State Board of Nursing. Minimum 2 years of clinical experience preferred Skilled Nursing Facility / LTC knowledge required, work experience preferred Geriatric / Care for the older adult knowledge base required Relevant teaching experience Excellent oral and written communication skills required Computer literacy required, knowledge of Microsoft Office 365 preferred Creative and flexible in nature, with the ability to adapt to a rapidly changing, dynamic environment Self-motivated and ability to work independently
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
Current licensure as a practical nurse in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania CPR certification preferred