Provide day to day customer support to University of Pittsburgh Medical Center Health System (UPMC) end users accessing the UPMC network, standard software and standard devices. Assist senior Help Desk Support Analysts with the day to day operations of the ISD Help Desk and customer support activities. Provide basic direction to Help Desk Support Analyst - Associate staff. May work on small projects in addition to providing support services. Possess the ability to use ACD call system, call recording software, resources for end user request resolution, and to follow appropriate escalation procedures. Possess a working knowledge of UPMC standard computers, software and hardware devices.
Hours: 25-30 hours per week
Shifts: 6pm-midnight, 3-5 days a week. Will need to be on call from midnight-8am after 6pm-midnight shift
*Must be available to work some Saturdays and Sundays 8am-2pm
- Ability to use the Freshdesk phone system. Ability to communicate clearly over the phone to end users.
- Act as a project lead for small projects assigned by the Help Desk Supervisor or Manager, User Support, as required.
- Assist with the implementation of the Curavi Disaster Recovery Plan, as needed.
- Assist with the maintenance of the Curavi SharePoint site, including providing training, adjusting permissions, user creation. Notify the IT Manager, User Support, if any problems are identified, as necessary.
- Attend and participate in all Curavi Help Desk meetings, as required.
- Business Partnership - Interfaces with business partners to help identify issues and resolve problems. Analyzes business requests for feasibility review, including initial cost/benefit analysis; prioritizes requests and conducts capacity planning.
- Coordinate and manage the Curavi Help Desk email request queue to comply with service delivery and service levels, as necessary.
- Generate reports for service level tracking, as required.
- Highly motivated to apply process improvement, and to increase product and service quality to achieve business objectives.
- Immediately notify the Curavi IT Manager and staff if the phone queues wait time raises above service level, as necessary.
- Maintain a working knowledge of computer technology, network systems, standard software, CuraviCare, and the Curavi Carts, acts as a resource of technical information to the Curavi end user community. Attend training, as assigned.
- Monitor system wide issues and Cart statuses, works with the CURAVI IT Manager, and CTO in providing timely notification of problem occurrence, updates, and resolution as required.
- Monitor the Freshdesk phone queue to ensure timely retrieval of end user requests.
- Problem Resolution - Resolves most common and many moderately complex to complex problems/issues/opportunities. Responds to unfamiliar, undefined, unexpected or unstable situations with the professionally-prescribed standard response.
- Project Management - Works with project manager to define tasks and create team work plans with moderate supervision. Delegates work to others and monitors progress. Identifies issues affecting work progress and recommends solutions. Communicates schedule variances and potential scope changes in status reports. Controls project costs, communicating any project-related expenses and recommends ways to control costs.
- Provide Level 1 support services for end user requests, including troubleshoot activities and advocacy for the end user. Escalate end user requests to the appropriate support group, as necessary.
- Provide service to Curavi client community, Curavi employees, Curavi and BYOP providers while protecting the integrity and confidentiality of all data and information through physical and electronic measures.
- Record end user requests in the Incident Tracking System Freshdesk. Follow Curavi Help Desk procedures for recording and managing requests in the Freshdesk Incident Tracking System.
4 year academic degree includes courses in computer programming, systems analysis, system development, or systems engineering OR has acquired Core IT skills and knowledge via practical experience. Demonstrate thorough understanding of the fundamental tools and concepts of one of the information technology professional disciplines (i.e., Applications, Business Analysis, Customer Service, Data, Networking, Operations, Security, Systems Engineering, etc.) and applies that understanding to make independent practical contributions to IT work within a particular UPMC department or function. Meet IT Career Level Criteria for Individual/Team Contributors outlined in the Universal Criteria Leveling Guide. Additionally, this position may be required to maintain a stand by status as part of a rotation within the team. This requires 24 hours per day, 7 days per week availability during the stand by period. The frequency varies based upon the number of colleagues in the rotation.
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
UPMC is an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities