The primary focus of the Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (RDN), for the Full Health team at UPMC Enterprises, will be providing telephonic nutrition counseling with additional opportunity to participate in product design ideation, and to work on nutrition-related projects. The RDN will be committed to helping build and execute Full Health's unique behavioral modification program. This position will be working remotely three to four days per week.
- Chart in the electronic record
- Develop Nutrition Counseling and Medical Nutrition Therapy:
- Develop a strong partnership with Operations and other pertinent stakeholders to design and implement a performance management program for RDNs
- Observe, identify, and develop solutions for barriers that get in the way of achieving program-related goals
- Participate in weekly team meetings (virtually or via telephone)
- Partner with Information Technology to implement a technology infrastructure for a distributed coaching team
- Partner with Ops Strategy to implement rigorous planning, monitoring, and analytical processes
- Product Development: Collaborate with our Clinical, Technology, Product and Operations teams to discover and refine best practices, and develop new and innovative RDN coaching tools/procedures to achieve scale and improve quality.
- Responsible for listening openly to participants' challenges and guiding them toward a healthy lifestyle while keeping them focused and energized; will have a unique series of tools to help guide participants on their journey, including home-delivered meal kits, a detailed curriculum, and technology to help participants track their progress.
- Strong partnership with the Clinical Innovation team to implement RDN coaching protocols and medical escalation procedures
- Support participants through 12-week online /offline program to help them modify their nutritional lifestyle behaviors; goal is to produce meaningful and measurable health outcomes - e.g. reduction of weight, blood pressure, etc.
- Work effectively with program participants to provide individual nutrition counseling
Bachelors degree Masters degree or additional certifications, a plus Ability to independently manage your time and tasks effectively with minimal oversight Excellent interpersonal communication and writing skills Ability to provide evidence-based nutrition recommendations and content on a variety of topics Knowledgeable about a whole food, plant-based diet Flexible work availability, with periodic time required on weekends and evenings Some travel may be required for in-person team meetings
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
Registered Dietitian Nutritionist, Commission on Dietetic Registration required Pennsylvania Licensed Dietitian Nutritionist (preferred but not required) Ability to obtain other state licensure as needed