Sorry, we’re not accepting applications for this job right now. But don’t go yet! Explore our site
to find more opportunities to join us in transforming the future of health care.
At UPMC Enterprises, we help create health care innovations that will impact the lives of patients in meaningful, lasting ways. We build companies by partnering with existing health care technology companies to accelerate their growth (“acceleration”) or by developing new products (“de novo"). Central to these company-building activities is the role of the Associate Program Manager.
The primary role of this position is to work with UPMC leadership, product management, clinical partners and portfolio companies to deliver innovative solutions. The Associate Program Manager is responsible for forming strong partnerships across product management, research, technical, and clinical disciplines to drive timely, accurate and appropriate results.
Program Managers serve as an intermediary between operational teams and executive leadership, identifying insights from the field that have wider implication for the product and company. Program Managers coordinate requirements, budgets, schedules and deliverables, negotiating successful execution across teams.
Key responsibilities for this opening include collaborating with clinical and research stakeholders to develop and manage new, in-clinic initiatives that will help to feed product development. He or she must understand clinical workflows, and be able to manage logistics across a small but distributed team. The Associate Program Manager will also assist product management and UX in collecting requirements, creating documentation, communicating with stakeholders, and identifying new opportunities and/or applications for products. This position requires independent thinkers, able to troubleshoot problems, work through ambiguity, prioritize effectively, and create processes that improve delivery.
- Manage one or more projects and timelines, at all stages of development (from early discovery through entry to market).
- Participate on cross-functional teams with credibility.
- Takes lead in developing, monitoring, and executing project plans, schedules, budgets, and deliverables.
- Work collaboratively with partners to monitor progress, identify risks, manage tradeoffs and develop solutions.
- Assist with stakeholder communication for internal and external stakeholders.
- Assist with developing key metrics and KPIs to measure overall performance.
- Communicate activities, statuses, accomplishments.
- Interface with peers to develop a strong working relationship between all groups. Seek opportunity to provide assistance and wherever possible.
- Participate in defining and implementing the process roadmap and project management best practices to boost productivity, quality and efficiency.
Bachelor's degree in business administration or related field
2-3 years of experience in managing projects
Prior work with product or service implementation preferred; in healthcare operations, clinical research or startup development preferred.
Organization and project management skill: planning, coordinating, prioritizing, and delivering against objectives
Ability to be a proactive advocate and negotiator, setting appropriate expectations and building effective, long-term cross-team relationships
Ability to work with technical teams and deploy solutions that scale
Experience working with cross-functional teams including team members from multiple business units and different operational departments
Ability to focus on the big picture within a constantly changing, fast-paced environment
Ability to ramp up quickly and work across boundaries to provide value
Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to persuade and influence others. Experience presenting information to C-level executive management teams preferred.
Skilled in project management, including developing planning tools, oversight mechanisms and communication tool
Self-starter and independent thinker, who can manage his or her own daily work, operate smoothly under pressure, balance competing priorities and delivery effectively