Sorry, we’re not accepting applications for this job right now. But don’t go yet! Explore our site
to find more opportunities to join us in transforming the future of health care.
This positions reports to the Operations Director at the Center for Connected Medicine and is responsible for overseeing day-to-day administrative processes, internal meeting planning, office operations, and assisting as needed with special projects and events. As the front of house lead, the operations and events coordinator is responsible for daily traffic flow of the Center ensuring all guests and visitors find where they need to be in an efficient and timely manner. The Operations and Events Coordinator will also work closely with the Marketing and Events Manager on any external events that require support. Other responsibilities are outlined below:
- Able to manage multiple events simultaneously, meet deadlines, apply exquisite attention to detail, and develop and maintain collegial and collaborative relationships with peers, colleagues, and external contacts.
- Assist leadership with administrative and operational responsibilities related to office operations matters including but not limited to supply ordering/stocking
- Continuously revise, in conjunction with the management team, onboarding procedures/processes
- Develop and maintain professional and collegial working relationships with a wide range of internal and external multidisciplinary contacts: professional, non-professional, administrative, SMEs, executives, government officials, and VIPs from government, medicine, public health, military, academia and other related fields.
- Execute professional responsibilities with sound judgment, sensitivity to the needs of others, emotional maturity, integrity, and accountability.
- Identify areas of concern that may compromise client satisfaction through data analysis, and propose solutions based on findings, expertise, and research
- Interface with customers by telephone, correspondence, and or in person to answer inquiries and resolve concerns/issues
- Manages special projects as assigned by Management team; develops/maintains plans, as needed.
- Update and maintain CCM Policies and Procedures manual that will be used by all staff. Inform staff of changes/additions when appropriate.
- Update and maintain event management software for all visits and meetings that come to the CCM (both in person and virtual)
- Work cooperatively with executives and administrative assistants to manage complex scheduling requirements of executives and staff.
- Working with appropriate UPMC staff to maintain 5-star appearance of the CCM including furniture/fixture detail (repairing/replacing as needed) and lighting (repairing/replacing as needed). Alerting management of any physical space issues that may arise.
Minimum five years general business/administrative experience Experience in health care insurance or health care industry preferred, but those with relevant experience in other industries will be considered Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with minimal direction Must possess strong interpersonal, organizational, and project management skills with the ability to work on multiple tasks simultaneously Able to stay updated on, adhere to, and communicate to others UPMCs policies and procedures related to budgets, travel, expenses, vendor management, and documentation. Able to work proactively to anticipate, troubleshoot, and avert problems that may hinder flawless execution of on- and off-site events Advanced computer skills preferred, and must be adept at acquiring new skills quickly; proficiency with MS Office suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, Explorer), and search applications such as Google required; knowledge of event scheduling and management software preferred.
UPMC is an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities