Sorry, we’re not accepting applications for this job right now. But don’t go yet! Explore our site
to find more opportunities to join us in transforming the future of health care.
The goal of UPMC Rx Express is to take the hassle out of starting prescribed treatment and deliver the best patient experience in order to promote long-term adherence and better health outcomes. To achieve this goal, we’re building a new type of pharmacy that proactively engages patients when new prescriptions are ordered and provides automated check-ins and refill reminders to keep patients on the road to recovery. The product team is leveraging chatbots and other digital support tools to make our service both delightful to use and scalable to over 3 million UPMC patients.
The Rx Express team is looking for a Senior Software Test Engineer to provide leadership in quality practices from feature planning through deployment. If you’re a self-starter that wants to move fast, and ‘learn by shipping’, you’ll find the perfect environment to apply your expertise.
You must possess both traditional engineering know-how and quality management skills to support a growing, microservices-backed product that fully embraces test-driven development, continuous deployment and experimentation.
· Assess and suggest department-wide initiatives for improving software quality and efficiency from unit tests to fully-automated test architectures.
· Be able to critically read and write software code.
· Provide leadership for a holistic testing environment.
· Support continuous delivery and integration.
· Create software artifacts that allow fully automated testing of APIs and front-end applications
- A (minimum) bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, or a related field from an accredited university is required. Demonstrated software test engineering skills and knowledge obtained via professional experience will also be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Expert knowledge of automated testing frameworks and best practices with experience writing performance automation scripts is desired as is a thorough understanding of manual testing concepts and techniques.
- Excellent written and verbal communications and a demonstrated ability as a team player. Mastery of the fundamental tools and concepts of software quality assurance and engineering.
- Experience working with the following tools is also a plus: Cucumber, Capybara, Jasmine, Jest, Git, mocking API calls / test data, performance / load testing, node.js, Docker / Kubernetes and AWS.