Sorry, we’re not accepting applications for this job right now. But don’t go yet! Explore our site
to find more opportunities to join us in transforming the future of health care.
This position will provide input into the design and implementation of UPMC Enterprises systems through the analysis and documenting of Clinical, Financial and other systems data. The data analysis professional will analyze and assess the data needs of projects and recommend the appropriate data and sources to fill those needs. Other duties include documentation, mapping, modeling of these proposals. Additionally, the data analyst can be put into service to get representative data samples or even to participate in the design and development of new fetch mechanisms (such as Mirth) as the project requires. Finally, this position will have numerous external interfaces, to the development team as an SME, to Executive Management on escalation and status, to the operational owners of the data for research purposes.
- Ability to work cooperatively and constructively with many other teams and roles. Be a problem solver.
- Able to own individual user stories, but will typically need assistance on more complex topics.
- Act as a data SME for common healthcare systems. Understand the data, its usage and meaning. Work with Engineering on best implementation and use of the data to solve a business problem.
- As a project needs access to data to solve an issue, the data analyst will be responsible to plan and execute the necessary steps to propose a solution to get the appropriate data.
- As this position feeds the scrum process for the engineering teams, delivery of the work in a timely manner and at a high quality is paramount. Estimation of work effort and drive to complete on time is necessary.
- Participate in implementation as needed. Can be as an advisor, or in some cases SQL or engineering work may be required (Mirth)
- Participation in the Informatics group Kanban process, with appropriate attention paid to grooming, prioritization, definition of ready, definition of done.
- The data analyst is responsible document the data and sources in a way that can be executed on by an engineering group.
- This position is ultimately responsible to address the organization's need for accurate, timely and thoughtful data analysis work using the resources within the organization
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or healthcare related field and 3+ years relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and experience required. Masters Degree preferred. Must have knowledge of regulatory requirements, and healthcare domain experience. Relational data base design and development. SQL programming fundamentals. Knowledge of Health Care Finance and Operations is desirable. Prior experience with EPIC, CERNER, Imaging or healthcare financial data a major plus.
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
UPMC is an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities