Master Data Management is tasked with the design, planning, and execution activities related to deriving business value from data. This position will organize information and data in a way to help programmers, analysts and health care professionals to gain insights from complex and heterogeneous health data, for improved decision making.
- Executes natural language processing (NLP) systems across text data from various sources; ensuring that all activities are executed with a high level of focus on quality/accuracy and on continually improving derived data and associated processes.
- Develop knowledge-based resources using standard methods of knowledge engineering, developing NLP gold standards, and designing and executing evaluations and error analyses.
- Establish plans and objectives for maintaining data integrity, through-out its lifecycle, across multiple system environments.
- Support operations by executing, testing and monitoring analytic processes for information extraction and information retrieval, monitoring the flow of data into the master data warehouse and managing relevant master data attributes, key data and relationships from analytic processes.
- Bachelor's degree in Linguistics, Information Science, or Computer Science
- Seven or more years of experience in some combination of ontology development, natural language processing systems (NLP) development, or evaluation of NLP systems.
- Knowledge of OWL and RDF.
- Knowledge of standard practices for development of gold standard data, using annotation tooling systems.
- Knowledge of and experience with standard NLP evaluation techniques including performance measures, ROC analysis, and error analysis.
- Experience working with Healthcare industry standards, regulations and guidelines.
- Strong working knowledge of relational databases [MS SQL] and business solutions software [MS Excel].
- Must possess deep, practical knowledge of natural language processing methods and systems and their evaluation.
- Requires deep understanding of medical language and use of ontologies and vocabularies for gold-standard creation.