Negotiate pricing, terms and all other components of tactical contracts, and will collaborate with various business leaders throughout the organization and major vendors and business partners. Deliver savings and enhance the competitive position of the corporation.Responsibilities:
- Actively negotiate and administer intricate corporate agreements.
- Analyze corporate spending and develop critical sourcing/optimization strategies.
- Develop and draft highly strategic Request for Proposal's that clearly and articulately define product and service specifications for bid process.
- Develop and draft tactical and complex Request For Information. Benchmark competitiveness of existing agreements and identify opportunities to improve service.
- Develop vendor set to participate in process and summarize responses and present recommendation to senior management.
- Direct various cross-functional teams, including internal (Business Process Champion, Legal, Management Information Services, etc.) and external resources (consultants or contractors, and suppliers, etc.) toward implementation of sourcing objective(s).
- Ensure Supplier Diversity participation in bid processes.
- Maintain a working knowledge of current industry trends and product/service development through participation in professional associations and related professional publications.
- Perform product and service cost analysis and access financial standing of vendors participating by conducting vendor presentations and site visits. Summarize responses and present recommendation to senior management.
- Present cost savings data with supporting detail on budget and staff impact of projects for senior management.
- Present sourcing and optimization strategies to senior management.
- Work closely with UPMC Legal to draft, develop, and finalize corporate agreements that limit UPMC's liability and clearly identify terms and conditions of said agreements.
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
- Bachelors degree and five years supply chain experience, OR a High School diploma and minimum of 10 years of supply chain experience.
- Supply chain experience must include at least two years Sourcing/Contracting experience.
- Strong negotiation/communication skills, ability to provide exceptional customer service, financial and cost analyses, complex analytical skills, organizational skills, presentational skills, and be a self-starter.
- Knowledge of PeopleSoft Query, Crystal Reports and Microsoft Office is preferred.
UPMC is an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
- Purchasing management designation/certification (CPM or APP) preferred.