UPMC Rx Express is hiring for an exciting, innovative role aimed towards improving the patient experience when filling and refilling prescription medications. If you have experience in retail pharmacy and customer service and are interested in a leading role within a brand new, expanding health-system pharmacy department, apply today!
The UPMC Rx Express Customer Service Analyst will serve as an advocate for health system patients receiving prescriptions. This role will assist the patient by coordinating the prescription intake process, performing data entry, obtaining pertinent patient information, resolving payment issues, and proactively contacting the patient throughout their course of therapy. The Customer Service Analyst will document all patient interactions and be able to communicate the needs of the patients to pharmacy technicians, pharmacists, nurses, medical assistants, and physicians, as needed. This position will primarily work in an office setting and will make use of the available technology to conduct patient and provider outreach as well as document information in multiple software systems. This role will be a part of a growing team built specifically to ensure that UPMC has the best pharmacy experience for patients. This group seeks to improve the prescription process and medication-related outcomes while utilizing the latest innovative technology to make communications more efficient in order to reach a large population of patients.
- Ability to move between product lines or service centers as required by department needs.
- Analyze reports; identify trending issues and training opportunities within the Health Plan.
- Communicate effectively in both verbal and written interactions.
- Conduct outbound calls to clarify follow up, and resolve inquiries from internal and external customers.
- Interpret and investigate claim processing issues; makes adjustments as necessary for all lines of business.
- Investigate, document, and bring to resolution, all customer inquiries in accordance with UPMC Health Plan Resource Unit's guidelines.
- Maintain employee and insured confidentiality.
- Must be flexible with responsibilities and have an exceptional ability to multitask.
- Provide impeccable customer service by being proactive and responsive to all UPMC Health Plan internal and external customer requests.
- Remain current on all departmental policies, procedures, plan benefit designs and modifications.
- Serve as a mentor and/or coach as assigned for newly hired and existing staff members to ensure service excellence.
- Serve as a role model of service excellence by supporting a positive call center atmosphere.
- Support all call center units according to business need.
- Work directly with call center trainers/quality facilitators/supervisors and managers to determine training needs. Assist with training as needed.
High school graduate or equivalent required, college degree preferred. Minimum of 2-5 years of at least one of the following; health insurance experience, internal customer service, call center experience, claim processing and/or claims adjustments. 2 years claims processing/adjustment background preferred. 2 years health insurance call center experience strongly preferred - internal UPMC Health Demonstrate a positive and professional attitude at all times. High level knowledge of all lines of business, Medicare, Medicaid and Commercial benefits. Plan experience is a plus. Knowledgeable in medical terminology, ICD-9 and CPT coding. Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Proficiency in typing is required. Ability to make independent decisions. Knowledge of Microsoft Office, Access and Excel spreadsheet program preferred. Excellent organizational skills. Maintain an excellent attendance and punctuality record.
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
UPMC is an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities