The Business Development Manager, Transaction Services will work closely with UPMC executive leadership on the evaluation, selection, structuring and execution of early-stage investments at UPMC Enterprises and will advise on acquisitions and other transactions throughout UPMC. This role will include project management responsibilities for the creation and launch of internally incubated startup companies at UPMC Enterprises as well as ongoing advisory support for portfolio companies� strategic projects including capital raises and investment exits.
- Analyze and screen new opportunities. Assist in drafting investment proposals and develop financial models including cap tables to be used with executive management.
- Conduct primary research on niche industry sectors and companies and use said information to inform the business plan of potential and existing investments. Coordinate, build relationships with and solicit input from subject matter experts as needed.
- Develop assessment tools and create reports to executive management and board of directors. Generate reference materials, studies and templates to inform UPMC on the investment process.
- Lead Transaction Services due diligence on a potential investment with a focus on understanding all aspects of the operations and business model, finance and accounting and reducing same into a dynamic financial model. Identify key risks and value drivers, and perform appropriate risk and sensitivity analysis.
- Lead cross-functional teams including product, operations, commercial, legal, finance, tax, accounting, human resources, technology and senior management to execute transactions from term sheet through integration. Partner with internal and external advisors on process management, structuring, negotiation and thorough investigation of risks. Summarize key transaction terms, diligence findings and recommendations in reports to executive management and board of directors.
- Maintain awareness of market trends and analyze the effect of these trends on UPMC's current businesses and potential portfolio companies.
- Provide support as needed to UPMC Enterprises' executive management and portfolio company executive teams. Monitor performance, perform private company valuations, construct forecasts and draft board materials.
- Serve as a subject matter expert throughout UPMC and provide support to UPMC management and executive leadership on valuation, due diligence, deal structuring, negotiation, and other key strategic transaction considerations.
- Train, supervise and manage the transaction work of Senior Associates, Associates and Finance Management Rotation (FMR) program participants including the establishment of performance standards and goals and the timely completion of annual reviews.
Bachelors degree required; major in finance, accounting, business or related field preferred. At least six years of experience (or four years of experience with MBA or JD) required in high-impact direct investing or transaction advisory roles such as investment banking, private equity, corporate development, transaction advisory services, valuation services, management consulting or related field. MBA from a top tier school preferred; JD, CFA, CPA, CVA, ABV a plus. Healthcare experience preferred. Must possess intellectual curiosity to continually build new bases of knowledge relevant to prospective transactions. Advanced quantitative, financial modeling and analytical skills. Ability to creatively and strategically apply quantitative analyses to swiftly prioritize, identify issues and produce key insights. Strong written and oral communication skills, including aptitude for communicating complex issues and influencing others. Executive presence. A high level of professional maturity, strong interpersonal skills and solid work ethic.
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
UPMC is an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities