Under the general direction of the Senior Solutions Engineer, the Sales Engineer provides technical and sales support for the sales and account management teams. This position requires a proficient level of experienced leadership attributes, analytical capabilities, implementing and/or maintaining developed enterprise applications/systems, and providing services to meet client IT and business needs within deadlines. This position works with customers to gather technical requirements and represents the Prodigo Procurement Suite of applications and solutions to the customer's technical team. As a subject matter expert, this individual takes a consultative approach to support sales, train prospects and mentor peers in all technical aspects of the Prodigo Procurement Suite of solutions. The Sales Engineer will serve as a business/functional advisor to the client, gathering business requirements to drive overall adoption of Prodigo's technology. The position uses detailed technical knowledge about the products, industry technologies and solutions; as well as, the skills to develop solutions to meet customer requirements while overcoming technical constraints to support desired outcome. This position effectively translates technical requirements into customer solutions and solves technical problems. The Technology Solutions Engineer will also demonstrate the value of Prodigo's applications and solutions, document solution scope and communicate the deployment methodology with the primary objectives to ensure efficient execution of the sales cycle and reduce implementation delays. This position provides direction on sales engagements via technical presentations, documentation, RFP/RFI support, and responds to customer technical questions.
- Ability to communicate and manage the methodology for a successful implementation and deployment of a healthcare platform, application, and services
- Ability to work extensively over the phone, web conferences and in-person with our clients.
- Coordinate with application development, project management, client services and product engineering to respond and define solutions to complex client issues.
- Develop and maintain proficiency in the company's software-as-a-service solutions, implementation methodologies and core technologies.
- For new clients, the Sales Engineer will clearly document the Scope of Work and ensure that the scope defined is properly framed and communicated to the customer ahead of contract signature. This items include, but are not limited to: Cleary identified deliverables, division of work, milestones, project plan, reporting, and success criteria Identification of additional professional service opportunities with clients Creation of business requirements, integration documents and interface configurations for a Health care system/multi-care site Contributes and conducts reviews of all technical deliverables with product and engineering teams Reviews and validates all server and client side hardware/software technical requirements with operations and development teams
- Identifies project risks, assumptions, constraints and reviews these findings with customer and implementation teams
- Maintain a positive relationship with clients as technical issues are resolved (pre- and post-sale).
- Motivated and enthusiastic with the ability to interface well with executives, peers, development and support teams
- Performs in accordance with system-wide competencies/behaviors.
- Proactively identify and mitigate or resolve project risks and issues. This includes identifying alternative solutions either through changes to client workflows or software, making recommendations of alternatives, and facilitating decision-making on the path forward.
- Provide documentation of the technical sales cycle and arrange seamless transition of customer requirements to the Application Development team to ensure expectations and deliverables are clearly defined and consistent with executed agreements.
- Provide technical advice to the Prodigo sales team to resolve product or service requests regarding engineering, technical or training issues.
- Required to travel domestically and internationally. Travel ranges from 15-40%. Passport required for international travel.
- Self-starter with multi-tasking abilities and superb time-management skills
- Strong ability to demonstrate technology products to all levels of business users (C-level, Administrators, and end users) with the acumen to clearly articulate the value proposition and translate the functional components of the application into solutions to their business needs.
- Strong project management, interpersonal, negotiation, communication, presentation, documentation and problem solving skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, executive level presence and experience in facilitation
- The Sales Engineer will be expected to mentor less experienced colleagues.
- This position will act as the primary liaison between the sales organization, Client Services and Development resources to manage communication of appropriate project information between clients and Prodigo resources.
- This position will be a member of the Sales Team and will contribute to building a positive workplace environment and participate in team meetings as scheduled.
Bachelors degree in business, IT, or related field required; Masters degree in related field is preferred. Technical certifications and working knowledge of the following preferred: SQL, XML, API, Java, and other Cloud infrastructure and web deployment technologies 1+ years supporting Healthcare and/or Supply chain software sales with demonstrated knowledge of application practices and procedures, including tools, contacts and resources 3+ years of client facing project/implementation experience 5+ years of experience in the technology field Firm understanding of the enterprise software sales process and the proven ability to be a key contributor on a sales team Sales-awareness of potential opportunities beyond initial offerings of solution and services Ability to establish and manage multiple client relationships Superior technical knowledge and experience with cloud based service offerings Working knowledge of SaaS software solutions that integrate with clients existing ERP systems Knowledge of healthcare/hospital internal organization preferred
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
UPMC is an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities