Sorry, we’re not accepting applications for this job right now. But don’t go yet! Explore our site
to find more opportunities to join us in transforming the future of health care.
The Supply Chain Analyst will identify and enact initiatives to reduce UPMC's costs of goods and services, and increase use and compliance of preferred vendors and programs. Individual will support and assist with development and implementation of supply chain initiatives that reduce UPMC's purchase and operational cost, and improve service levels. Facilitate assigned cross-functional teams towards implementation of supply chain objectives. Leverage corporate spending through the structured sourcing and competitive bid processes on projects with lower risk and complexity. Limit UPMC liabilities by implementing corporate agreements for products and services.Responsibilities:
- As directed, may be required to develop and draft Request For Information (RFI's) and Request for Proposals (RFP's) by assisting the Sourcing staff throughout the sourcing process
- Cooperates and communicates in an effective, professional manner with management, peers, general staff, physicians, and other personnel
- Develops proficiencies in data collection through various reporting tools and accurately compile and organize data to support supply chain initiatives. Maintains a working knowledge of systems used to support processes for data collection and analysis.
- Maintains a working knowledge of current industry trends and product/service development through participation in professional associations and related professional publications.
- Monitors and analyzes existing contracts. Reviews volumes/levels/compliance for opportunities for future negotiations, and perform audits to validate pricing using various decision support tools within the department. Identifies and understands spending outside of agreements and develops action plan(s) to address.
- Participates in periodic business reviews with major agreements focused on level of service being provided and actions to optimize contractual relationships; and amend agreements as necessary.
- Participates on cross functional teams to support business objectives.
- Provides other assistance as requested, including the support of analyses by a supply chain Manager or Director.
- Respects and maintains the confidentiality of all patient, physician, and hospital related information.
- Supports the execution of supply chain initiatives and coordinates with materials management, users, and others as required.
Bachelors Degree and 2 years of supply chain experience, OR High School Diploma and minimum of 5 years supply chain experience will be considered for exceptional performers. Experience as a Buyer I, Buyer II or Quality Assurance Specialist preferred. Need to demonstrate strong organization/communication skills, ability to provide exceptional customer service, financial and cost analyses, complex analytical skills, presentation skills, and be a self-starter and work well as a member of a team Working knowledge of PeopleSoft and Microsoft office is preferred. Travel between UPMC sites and use of personal vehicle may be required.
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
Professional certifications (CPM, PPM, CPSM, APICS, 6 Sigma, CBET, CRES, etc.) a benefit
UPMC is an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities