Sorry, we’re not accepting applications for this job right now. But don’t go yet! Explore our site
to find more opportunities to join us in transforming the future of health care.
Description Are you a thinker, doer, pioneer, game-changer?
Do you have an entrepreneurial spirit, brave ideas, grit, & determination?
Excited to learn more about machine learning, artificial intelligence, cutting edge technologies, etc.?
Are you passionate about changing the face of healthcare & impacting the lives of others all over the globe?
Then we want YOU!
As an organization dedicated to Life Changing Medicine, UPMC has defined a bold mission: to shape the future of health care through innovation. At UPMC Enterprises, we help bring this mission to life by turning innovative ideas into growing, thriving businesses. That’s why we want you, the best of the best, to help us bring this mission to life during our Summer Associates Program!
As a UPMC Enterprises Summer Associate, you will have an opportunity to participate in a highly competitive, full time, 11-week paid summer internship program with an organization that’s committed to finding solutions to the complicated challenges facing health care providers and their patients. Our work is about using creativity to tackle exciting projects that become life-changing products. A little bit about your Summer Associate Program experience…
- The internship will take place (tentatively) early June – mid-August
- Work on projects that make an impact on patient care while gaining knowledge on how we provide Life Changing Medicine
- Work side-by-side with industry experts who are dedicated to helping you learn and grow your analytical, technical and communication skills
- Work closely with portfolio companies focused in areas such as clinical decision support, telemedicine, population health management, and precision medicine
- Give back to the Pittsburgh community through Summer Associate service events
- As a part of the overall UPMC Summer Associate group, have the opportunity to network with leaders throughout the organization and your fellow Summer Associates who are gaining experiences in various functions
We’re looking for students who…
- Are passionate and determined to make a difference. No mediocracy allowed.
- Want to be a game changer and create new ways of thinking and executing.
- Can’t wait to see what the next challenge will be. Every day will be different and that excites you.
- Believe in our Core Values. They are not just written on the walls. We demonstrate our commitment to these values daily.
- Have emerging leadership abilities, entrepreneurial spirit, and thrive in a collaborative environment.
- Care about the work they do, the people we work with and the patients we work for.
- Pride themselves on their integrity. It’s not just about the work we do, but how we do it.
- MBA or MHA 1st year students with December 2018 – May 2019 anticipated graduation dates
- Prior experience in product management or healthcare software product management a plus
- Availability to participate in the Summer Associate Program full time, from June to August 2018 for approximately 11 weeks with minimal absence (Yes, don’t worry, you can still enjoy some summer vacation time!)
Recruitment Timeline Expectations*:
- Application Deadline: February 1st
- 1st Interview - Video Interview: To be sent through early February
- Final In-Person Interview Invites: Mid-February
- Final In-Person Interviews: Mid-February
- Verbal Offers: Early March
*Please note that all dates above are subject to change based on applicant flow. Due to this, we encourage you to apply as soon as possible.
UPMC is an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities