The UPMC Enterprises is building a world-class interdisciplinary design team, to address the most pressing challenges in Health IT. The Product Analyst team plays a key role in the end-to-end development of these innovative new solutions. Working across a dynamic range of products and platforms, you will be required to participate in all phases of the project lifecycle, including the early stage discovery through project completion. The Product Analyst performs operational analysis, technical analysis and process definition and design.
- Engage in development process. Participate in all aspects of the development process including planning, review and retrospectives. Lead the development of the creation of user stories based on understanding of project and requirements.
- New product business systems requirements definition and analysis. For medium to large products, elicit requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, product analysis, task and workflow analysis. Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs.
- For medium to large products, proactively communicate and collaborate as part of a project team with external and internal stakeholders to analyze information needs and requirements and participate in the development of the following artifacts as needed:
- Business requirements - what the needed achievements will be, and the quality measures
Functional requirements - describe what the system, process, or product/service must do in order to fulfill the business requirements
Implementation requirements - behaviors required to enable transition from the current state to the desired future state, including quality of service requirements. (Scalability, security, usability)
Use Cases and/or Workflows
- Project ROI tracking. Develop advanced metrics for quantifying and tracking ROI. Track and report on the outcomes. Provide end of project case study materials that summarize the project return
BA/BS in Computer Science or a related technical field or equivalent practical experience preferred MS or PhD 5+ years professional experience Familiarity with business issues, or the ability to quickly learn Understanding of health care IT Excellent written and oral communication skills Excellent problem solving and critical thinking skills Excellent organizational and analytical skills with strong technical abilities Product management/design experience Strong verbal and written communication skills, and familiarity with PowerPoint Project management skills � ability to own and drive own work stream Ability to build and maintain relationships with and manage internal and external stakeholders, including business operations and executives as needed Analytical and financial modeling experience, including use of Excel Proactive in setting milestones, work planning, and delivering on commitments Positive can-do attitude
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
UPMC is an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities