Sorry, we’re not accepting applications for this job right now. But don’t go yet! Explore our site
to find more opportunities to join us in transforming the future of health care.
UPMC Enterprises manages a portfolio that includes various internally-focused initiatives and numerous operating companies with commercially-available products and services directed toward the improvement of the delivery of health care.
Reporting to the Manager of Accounting, the Business Analyst will work closely supporting UPMC Enterprises management in their financial monitoring of UPMC Enterprises’ portfolio companies.
Interprets financial transactions and events for users who must make economic or business decisions.
Develops financial reports for budgeting, forecasting and results analysis.
Prepares reconciliation of actual to budget variance analysis.
Assists in the month-end close and annual budgeting processes.
Develops analyses and reports to support Enterprises management.
Fill finance and accounting roles at portfolio companies as needed.
- Acts as a liaison between UPMC shared services and individual portfolio companies.
- Performs all above in accordance with system-wide competencies/behaviors
- Performs special projects and other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in business or related field with a minimum of 1-2 years of general business experience or experience in business/industry specialty.
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance is strongly preferred.
MBA or CPA is preferred. Ability to prepare financial statements
Microsoft Office spreadsheet application
Competent in MS Office and PC skills.
- Familiarity with business issues, or the ability to quickly learn
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent problem solving and critical thinking skills
Excellent organizational and analytical skills with strong technical abilities
Proven ability to make and meet commitments.
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
UPMC is an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities