Sorry, we’re not accepting applications for this job right now. But don’t go yet! Explore our site
to find more opportunities to join us in transforming the future of health care.
Reports to the Procurement Manager and is responsible for the relevant review and dispatch of all purchase orders (POs), including standard POs, blanket POs, service maintenance POs, and standing orders on the clients ERP platform. This process area covers manual and automated PO dispatch from order placement to fulfilment, purchase order changes and related follow-up activities such as order expediting, PO closure, and returns processing. The Associate Purchasing Specialist is also responsible for any relevant PO to invoice exception resolution in accordance with Client Procurement Policy.
- Cooperate and communicate in an effective, professional manner with management, peers, general staff, physicians, and all personnel
- Ensure that invoices are sent to Accounts Payable for payment.
- Perform purchase order confirmation activities for each order dispatched.
- Perform timely order changes to ensure purchase order accuracy prior to receiving and/or invoice processing.
- Place orders with approved suppliers, ensuring that all documentation is in order, terms and conditions are clear, line item details are accurate, and pricing is aligned with client contracts or supplier quotation.
- Provide timely notification to requestors of order delays or cancellations.
- Purchase power and final decision making authority for purchases up to the client defined limit ($10,000 for UPMC).
- Resolve PO/Invoice Exceptions according to client defined policies and procedures.
- Respect and maintain the confidentiality of all patient, physician, and hospital related information.
- Review and action all electronic order exceptions and unconfirmed electronic orders using the clients exchange or designated solution.
- Track the status of orders and resolve any order delays to ensure vendors are meeting delivery schedules and preclude missed deliveries.
High school diploma or equivalent and a minimum of 1 year purchasing experience or Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain Management, Business or related field required. Healthcare Purchasing experience is a plus. Must demonstrate strong organization and communication skills, ability to provide exceptional customer service and work well as a member of a team in a fast paced environment. Ability to work well independently. Must have a professional and positive attitude.
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
UPMC is an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities