Negotiate pricing, terms and all other components of complex contracts and will collaborate with various business leaders and cross-functional teams throughout the organization as well as major vendors and business partners. This position will be responsible for delivering savings and enhancing the competitive positions of the corporation while limiting UPMC liabilities by implementing corporate agreements for products and services.
- Actively negotiate and administer intricate corporate agreements.
- Analyze corporate spreading and develop critical sourcing/optimization strategies.
- Develop and draft complex Request for Information.
- Develop and draft highly strategic Request for Proposal's.
- Direct various cross-functional teams, including internal (Business Process Champion, Legal, Management Information Services, etc.) and external resources (consultants or contractors, and suppliers, etc.) toward implementation of sourcing objective(s).
- Ensure Supplier Diversity participation in bid process.
- Maintain a working knowledge of current industry trends and product/service development through participation in professional associations and related professional publications.
- Present cost savings data with supporting detail on budget and staff impact of projects for senior management.
- Present sourcing and optimization strategies to senior management.
- Work closely with UPMC Legal to draft, develop, and finalize corporate agreements that limit UPMC's liability and clearly identify terms and conditions of said agreements.
Bachelors degree and 4 years supply chain experience, OR a High School diploma and a minimum of 8 years of supply chain experience. Supply chain experience must include at least 1 year Sourcing/Contracting experience.
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
Purchasing management designation/certification (CPM or APP) preferred.
UPMC is an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities