Under general direction, provides varied administrative support of a complex and technical nature to single or multiple department(s) or a division.
- Develops and sends correspondence on behalf of department and department head (i.e., draft and send meeting minutes, draft and send meeting events).
- Develops reports for executive or department. Analyzes complex information requests and determines complex trends.
- May also perform all responsibilities of an Administrative Assistant - Intermediate: - Maintains supervisor's calendar (i.e., proactively schedules meetings on supervisor's behalf, makes recommendations for large meeting venues and catering, takes leadership role to ensure meetings flow smoothly). - Maintains various accounting and budgetary records (i.e., completes expense reports). - May make travel arrangements.
- Plans conferences for department and department head.
- Provides input to presentations and other department/supervisor work (i.e., supervisor provides general thought and ee will draft more material based on initial ideas).
- Reviews administrative procedures and operating practices and makes recommendations to increase efficiency.
- Under general direction, provides varied administrative support to a department or group of professionals.
High school diploma or equivalent 5 years experience in an increasingly responsible administrative support role Ability to perform advanced functions in word processing, electronic mail/calendar, spreadsheet, presentation and database software Ability to use applicable MS Suite products Advanced knowledge of business processes and procedures Working knowledge of accounting and financial principles and functions Ability to analyze data Ability to use discretion and independent judgment
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
UPMC is an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities