Sorry, we’re not accepting applications for this job right now. But don’t go yet! Explore our site
to find more opportunities to join us in transforming the future of health care.
Under the direction of management, the Software Engineer - Expert will champion the use of the overall Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC). The Software Engineer - Expert will lead coordination and orchestration of the overall system design which will deliver significant impact. The focus of this position will be to have a full mastery of the technology stack and mentor less experienced team members. Additionally, the Software Engineer - Expert is responsible for defining technical requirements and the overall system architecture.
- Application Development Cycle - Define how to use different SDLC. Responsible for establishing processes around SDLCS.
- Communication - Responsible for demonstrating appropriate, clear, concise, and effective written and oral communications in all interactions to build relationships and accomplish day to day work and projects.
- Design � Establish system design and design patterns. Exhibits awareness of user experience standards.
- Documentation - Create detail-oriented documentation that outlines new and moderately complex processes. Responsible for quality and validity of documentation.
- Integration - Responsible for designing systems of integrated systems and modules.
- Interactions with Others - Successfully completes projects, tasks, and initiatives by embracing a team-first approach. Works in collaboration with team and offers feedback, where appropriate, to complete individual and group efforts. Shows the ability to adjust and be flexible to change by adapting approach when necessary. Mentors less experienced staff.
- Quality - Responsible for establishing coding standards and conducting code review of others.
- Security - Define and establish security protocol. Ensure that processes/protocols are followed by junior level staff.
- Self Development - Responsible for continuous self-study, trainings, partnering with management, and/or seeking out opportunities to broaden scope to stay up to date with industry and organizational trends. Seeks feedback from management for development and effectively incorporates feedback into work and behaviors.
- Troubleshooting - Responsible for issue prevent by proactively identifying resolutions for issues that may arise. Coordinates, delegates, and mentors less experienced staff with issue resolution.
Typically has 10+ years of related work experience. Experience with complex development environments, taking abstract concepts and ideas and formulating a detailed software deliverable. Experience in developing on cross-functional systems. Deep knowledge of developing complete systems. Mastery of the SDLC. Highly driven and self-motivated to exceed expectations. Ability to work independently and demonstrated ability to lead in a team based environment. Proficient in both oral and written communication.
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
UPMC is an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities