Sorry, we’re not accepting applications for this job right now. But don’t go yet! Explore our site
to find more opportunities to join us in transforming the future of health care.
Develop and execute inventory optimization and demand planning strategies for asset inventory locations across multiple levels of distribution within the healthcare delivery model. Planning for the right product, at the right time, in the right amount. The position requires well-developed analytical skills and an ability to comprehend and utilize statistical methodologies in a detail oriented, fast paced environment.
- Accountable for strategy and analysis of metrics such as, but not limited to, Fill Rate, Days Inventory On Hand, Total Dollars On Hand, Inventory Turn, and Slow Moving Inventory.
- Analyze historical demand usage on a continuous basis to identify trends, prevent outages, and forecast future needs.
- Develop and document procedures for use in training and retraining opportunities.
- Partner with the vendor community to identify areas of opportunity to drive greater efficiencies through mutually beneficial process changes.
- Provide root cause analysis and corrective action plans in the event of inventory shortages or outages.
- Understand, embrace, and participate in major business objectives, company vision, and core values.
- Work collaboratively with end users (supply chain and clinical) to proactively improve forecast accuracy and order fulfillment.
- Participate in item conversions, new inventory additions, and recall management as required.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining target inventory levels by item through the use of reorder points (ROP), min/max planning, order multiples, and economic order quantities (EOQ) to support business and demand forecasts.
- Utilize statistical analysis to forecast inventory needs based on historical and expected future demand trends.
- B.S. degree in Business Administration, Supply Chain Management, or equivalent required.
- 2 years related experience in Supply Chain, Inventory Management, Logistics, Finance, or related field required. Strong internship experience to be considered.
- Experience working with complex ERP systems such as PeopleSoft, Oracle EBS/WMS, or other major ERP preferred.
- Capability to gather, manipulate, and summarize data sets logically to assist in communicating recommendations.
- Self-motivated with an aptitude for attention to detail, deadlines, and metrics.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills and experience with demand planning systems.
- Excellent skills in written and verbal communication, analysis, and problem solving.
- Ability to think critically and make decisions to follow issues through to resolution.
- Ability to work well in a cross-functional team environment with minimal direct supervision.
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
UPMC is an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities